In this article, we will cover how to create a Preconfigured Giving Link and how it can be used for the transition of recurring donors to Pushpay. By utilizing this tool, you can create dynamic links using mail merge tools (like Mailchimp) and build a specific link for each donor. This means that a donor can go straight to the giving experience and find that every field is completed; the donor just needs to enter their payment method to complete the gift. The below instructions will show you how to build a link that pre-populates information as shown in the following images:
1. Give Page
2. Mobile Number Page
3. Personal Details Page
To create a Preconfigured Giving Link for transitioning recurring donors to Pushpay:
1. Determine your default giving link.
Your link will look like this example: https://www.pushpay.com/pay/demochurch. If you’re unsure of what yours is, you can log in at pushpay.com/login and locate your link under Step 2 within the Resource Center.
2. Set a dollar amount by inserting ?a=75 to the end of your giving link. In this example 75 is the predetermined dollar amount.
3. Set recurring frequency by inserting &r=monthly to the end of your giving link. In this example, Every month is the frequency.
4. Set a predetermined fund by inserting &f=missions%20-%20where%20needed%20most to the end of your giving link. %20 should be used between each word to represent a space and the fund name is what can already be found on your giving page. Click here for instructions on how to add a new fund.
5. Set a first name by inserting &ufn=Chris to the end of your giving link. In this example, Chris is the predetermined first name.
6. Set a last name by inserting &uln=Hawkins to the end of your giving link. In this example Hawkins is the predetermined last name.
7. Set an email address by inserting &ue=ChrisEHawkins@dayrep.com to the end of your giving link. In this example, ChrisEHawkins@dayrep.com is the predetermined email address.
8. Set a mobile number by inserting &up=2015555555 to the end of your giving link. In this example 2015555555 is the predetermined mobile number.
9. Test your link!
Tip: Your final link will look like the following:
[GIVING LINK]?a=[DOLLAR AMOUNT]&f=[FUND NAME]&ufn=[FIRST NAME]&uln=[LAST NAME]&ue=[EMAIL]&up=[MOBILE NUMBER]
Advanced - Mailchimp
Mailchimp supports the use of Merge Tags. For example, Central Church needs more funding for their missions trip coming up next month. They can send out an email with a Preconfigured link asking each person to give $10 to the fund, and populate the link with the recipient's name and email address, so it's already entered for them. The merchant would create the link in Mailchimp like this:
When Mailchimp sends the email, they replace the Merge Tag fields (*|FNAME|* and so on) with the relevant data so the recipient Chris Hawkins would see a link like this:
This feature is not available on all plans. Please submit a request if you are interested in having it added to your account.