Virtual Terminal allows you to enter a gift on behalf of a donor using the payment details given to you via an alternate method. For example, if you use envelope giving, your offline donations can later be entered through Virtual Terminal.
Entering all your giving through Virtual Terminal will make it easy for you to issue Giving Statements through Pushpay. This feature will be ready in time for completing 2016 tax returns.
Virtual Terminal now features auto-population. If we recognize the bank account or check number you entered, we will automatically populate some fields with the information you gave us last time. This makes it much quicker and easier to use Virtual Terminal.
- Your Listing: If your Organization has multiple Listings, select the one which will be the recipient of the payment.
- Payment Information
- Type (Credit Card, Bank Account, Cash, Check)
- Payment method details
Important! For the security of your donors, it is important that a card or bank account number is only entered in the appropriate fields.
- Repeat this gift? This is the section for setting up the recurring details if applicable
- Personal Information
- Required fields
- First name
- Last name
- Optional fields
- Your ID: If you have an ID in your main database for this person
- Email: If you keep this selected they will receive an invite to start using Pushpay
- Required fields
- Reference Information
- Reference: Fund that the gift is designated for
- Other: If you have a memo line
- Gift received on: If the gift was received on a different date to when you're entering it
If you have any further questions, please feel free to explore our help center located here. If you are still unable to find the answers you are looking for, please submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org.