Gift Entry was designed to allow you as the administrator to process or record transactions on behalf of the donor. This will allow you to keep all of your giving in one place.
- Recorded check
- Recorded card
- Recorded bank transfer
To get started, navigate to the Gift Entry tab in the Pushpay admin portal. Begin typing the donor's name:
If the donor is already in your Community, their name will appear as an option to click. Once you click on their name, we will link the transaction to their account and pre-populate details from their previous transaction, including:
- Payment method type
- Your ID
If processing a card or ACH transaction, you will be able to use a saved payment method that you have previously entered with Gift Entry by confirming the last 4 digits.
If the donor is not already in your Community, simply click "Add a new member" and fill in the relevant details.
Note: It is strongly recommended that you enter in the donor's email address and phone number when creating a new member, as that will allow the donor to access their giving history if they create a Pushpay account at a later date. It will also assist with matching their gifts to your database if you have an integration.
Once you've found the correct Community Member to attribute the transaction, you simply need to fill in the remaining fields:
- Your Listing: If your Organization has multiple Listings, select the one which will be the recipient of the payment.
- Required fields
- Payment method (Card, Bank Account, Cash, Recorded Credit Card, Recorded Bank Transfer, Recorded Check)
- Payment method details
Important! For the security of your donors, it is important that a card or bank account number is only entered in the appropriate fields.
- Optional fields
- Your ID: If you have an ID in your main database for this person
- Gift received on: If the gift was received on a different date to when you're entering it, such as cash placed into the offering plate on Sunday when you are recording it on the following Monday
- Send email notifications to this person about this gift: When checked, an email receipt will go out to the donor if they have an email addresses associated with their account.
- Repeat this gift? This is the section for setting up the recurring details if applicable
Then simply click Process/Record gift, and you will receive a confirmation message at the top of your screen.
Lastly, for your convenience we display your recently created gifts in a list at the bottom of Gift Entry so that you can reference your activity or make any changes, if needed.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to explore our help center located here. If you are still unable to find the answers you are looking for, please submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org.