Between camps, retreats, workshops, classes, and all those other social events, we know that church staff are kept extremely busy administering the registration and payment of events; not to mention all the other organizing behind the scenes! We are thrilled to bring you an event registration system designed to suit ALL your events from the simplest small-group events to the huge annual conferences.
Publishing your first event registration form is easy and you could have your first one live in just 10 minutes.
Let’s get started!
Step 1: Activate Events with Pushpay & Create New Event
1. Click Link Accounts.
2. Authorize Pushpay with your Organizational Level Administrator credentials.
3. Create your new event
Step 2: Type of event
1. Select Standalone Event or Series of Events (known as Eventlets, which is an event consisting of multiple events).
2. Select whether you are making a stand-alone event or if you will be using eventlets (eventlets are great for breakout sessions and for making more complex events where you want more control over ticketing) and if you will be charging a ticket price or if it is a free event.
3. Click Save & continue.
Step 3: Event Details
1. Fill out all basic information for your Event within the Event Setup section. This includes important information like: Event Name, Timezone, Number of Tickets and Start/End Date.
2. Enter your contact details so that attendees know who to reach out to if they have questions
3. Add information to Additional Details section by checking the boxes that you would like to utilize. You can add in specific information for the event like: contact details, description, location (with map), and connecting different social media touch points.
4. Verify the admin settings for the event are correct
5. Click Save & continue once you are ready to proceed.
Step 4: Ticket types
Next you'll need to configure the types of tickets you would like available for your event. Selecting One ticket price will be the basic option, allowing you to set a single price for all tickets sold.
Advanced options include:
-Pricing for different groups of people (i.e. Seniors, Students, Family)
-Pricing that varies by registration date (i.e Early Bird Pricing vs. Last minute)
-Pricing by date AND group (mix of the above two options)
Step 5: Ticket pricing
1. Most church events are not taxed and will not need to collect sales tax. In this case leave I need to collect sales tax unchecked.
2. Set your ticket price in the text box
|Tip: Tickets priced from $0 to $20 do not incur any additional fee, but tickets priced $20.01 or more will incur a $2/ticket fee on your next monthly invoice.|
3. Click Save and continue
Step 6: Attendee info
1. Customize the required attendee details for the event. In this section you will be able to determine the mandatory information needed to register and add additional information your attendees might need to specify.
2. Additionally, you can click Add New Section to add other customizable fields to collect event specific information.
3. Click Save and continue
Step 7: Design
This section allows you to customize the design of your registration form.
1. Banner / Logo will allow you to upload a custom banner for the top of the form
2. To leave the event title and/or date on the form in plain text, leave Display event title/Display event date checked. If you are using a graphic for the event title or date, you may not need it repeated in plain text at the top of the form
3. Set a color for the header under Color scheme
4. Click Save and continue
Step 8: Payments
1. Under Payment details enter your organization name and address as you would like it to appear on the emailed registration receipt
2. If you would like to accept online payments through your Pushpay account check Take instant online payments by credit card and select the Pushpay Fund you want to have your event payments applied to:
3. If you want to manage payments offline check Issue invoice for payment where you will be able to determine when the payment is due and have three specific invoicing choices: Through echurch Events, Using Xero, or Do it myself.
Step 9: Test and Publish your Event
The last section allows you to test out your newly created event.
- If corrections are needed after reviewing your booking form, click on any section to the left, to update information and then return to test your updated booking form.
- Once you are satisfied Click Publish my event.
It will then be ready to send to your Attendees and attach to your website.
If you have any questions about events let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org