Matching Pushpay Givers to Churchteams
- Navigate to the Community tab in Pushpay
- Select 'Pushpay accounts'
- Select the "People lacking an ID" button and select "View". These ID's are found in Churchteams* and are referred to as a "MemberID." Enter the missing IDs into this field by clicking the pencil, then saving with the check mark or pressing the return key. Note: If you manage more than one listing for your organization (alternate campus or missions page), you will need to repeat this step for each listing.
*If you search to a specific member the MemberID will be shown in the URL at the top of the browser i.e. it would show something like ViewMemberProfile.asp?MemberID=1525074 where the 1525074 is that person's MemberID in Churchteams. You can also get a complete listing under Reports / Members / Export to Excel/CSV and if you export the file and include the MemberID you would have that number for each person on the file.
Exporting from Pushpay
Option A) Export from Transactions
- Navigate to the Transactions section in Pushpay
- Choose which transactions you would like to export by filtering by name, email, date range, and/or payment method and then hit "View"
- Choose "Export" and then "Export to CSV," which will download the export file onto your computer (usually your “Downloads” folder).
Option B) Export from Batch Reconciliation
- Navigate to the Batch Reconciliation tab
- Locate the batch(es) you would like to export. For individual batches, press the "Export" button next to the batch. For a range of batches, enter in the date range and select the type of transactions (Card and Bank), then press "Export" at the top.
- Select "CSV," which will download the export file onto your computer (usually your “Downloads” folder).
Importing into Churchteams
1. Login to Churchteams with the financial administrator account
2. Click the Contributions menu and select the Import transaction file option.
Note: if you are using Online Giving within Churchteams, you may need to click on Online Giving first, then Import transaction file
3. Click the Browse/Choose File button to select the CSV transaction file that you just downloaded from Pushpay and click Upload
4. Set the Batch Details, ensuring Check to skip the first record is selected. No other configurations are required, but it is recommended you choose a Default Contribution Method and Default Contribution Designation.
5. Match the dropdown list option for each column to the actual data in the column of the preview data. Keep in mind that many of the columns in the Pushpay export file will not be applicable for this import, so you may choose to not match those.
Recommended Field Mapping Details
|Pushpay Field||Churchteams Field||Notes|
|Id||Check/Reference Number or Contribution Notes||Mapping this field is optional. Id refers to the Pushpay transaction Id.|
|Recipient||Do not load this column||This column can be used as an internal reference when preparing or reviewing your import.|
|Date||Contribution Date||Click the Set Date Format link and choose mm/dd/yyy|
|Payer Name||Do not load this column||This column can be used as an internal reference when preparing or reviewing your files.|
|Email Address||Do not load this column||This column can be used as an internal reference when preparing or reviewing your import.|
|Mobile Number||Do not load this column||This column can be used as an internal reference when preparing or reviewing your import.|
|Method||Contribution Method||Click the Set Translation Values link to translate the incoming values into Churchteams equivalent values.|
|Fund||Contribution Designation||Click the Set Translation Values link to translate the incoming values into Churchteams equivalent values.|
|Your ID||ChurchteamsMemberID||This will be used to match the contribution to the correct person in Churchteams. Refer to Matching Pushpay Givers to Churchteams above for more details.|
|Batch ID||Do not load this column||Refers to the settlement batch in Pushpay for cards and ACH. Will only contain a value after the transaction has settled. This column can be used as an internal reference when preparing or reviewing your import.|
6. Verify all of the columns are correct and click the blue Load button.
7. Totals for the file will be displayed including an option to view a summary report of the batch that was created.
8. When additional files are loaded the layout/columns you selected are saved and so that should not change each time as long as there are no new Designations/Funds or Contribution Methods that need to be mapped.