Matching Pushpay Givers to Churchteams
- Navigate to the Community tab in Pushpay
- Select 'Pushpay accounts'
- Select the "People lacking an ID" button and select "View". These ID's are found in Churchteams* and are referred to as a "MemberID." Enter the missing IDs into this field by clicking the pencil, then saving with the check mark or pressing the return key. Note: If you manage more than one listing for your organization (alternate campus or missions page), you will need to repeat this step for each listing.
*If you search to a specific member the MemberID will be shown in the URL at the top of the browser i.e. it would show something like ViewMemberProfile.asp?MemberID=1525074 where the 1525074 is that person's MemberID in Churchteams. You can also get a complete listing under Reports / Members / Export to Excel/CSV and if you export the file and include the MemberID you would have that number for each person on the file.
Exporting from Pushpay
Option A) Export from Transactions
- Navigate to the Transactions section in Pushpay
- Choose which transactions you would like to export by filtering by name, email, date range, and/or payment method and then hit "View"
- Choose "Export" and then "Export to CSV," which will download the export file onto your computer (usually your “Downloads” folder).
Option B) Export from Batch Reconciliation
- Navigate to the Batch Reconciliation tab
- Locate the batch(es) you would like to export. For individual batches, press the "Export" button next to the batch. For a range of batches, enter in the date range and select the type of transactions (Card and Bank), then press "Export" at the top.
- Select "CSV," which will download the export file onto your computer (usually your “Downloads” folder).
Importing into Churchteams
1. Login to Churchteams with the financial administrator account
2. Click the Contributions menu and select the “Import transaction file” option
3. Click the Browse/Choose File button to select the CSV transaction file that you just downloaded from Pushpay and click Upload
4. Match the dropdown list option for each column to the actual data in the column of the preview data. Keep in mind that many of the columns in the Pushpay export file will not be applicable for this import, so you may choose to not match those.
5. For the Contribution Date column click the “Set Date Format” link and select the appropriate date format and click the Save button.
6. For the Contribution Method and Designation/Fund column you will need to click the “Set Translation Values” link to translate the incoming values into Churchteams equivalent values.
7. Verify all of the columns are correct and click the blue Load button.
8. Totals for the file will be displayed including an option to view a summary report of the batch that was created.
9. When additional files are loaded the layout/columns you selected are saved and so that should not change each time as long as there are no new Designations/Funds or Contribution Methods that need to be mapped.