This article will go over how to use Churchteams in conjunction with Pushpay.
If you use Churchteams as your database, let us know by telling your Customer Success representative or by clicking the Submit a request button in the upper right corner of this page. We will need to activate the export on your account. You will also need to enter the correct Fund Code to properly map your export files to your ChMS. You can learn more about Funds here. Once that is done, you will be able to follow the steps below.
Matching Pushpay Givers to Churchteams
- Navigate to the Community tab in Pushpay
- Select Pushpay accounts.
- Select the People lacking an ID button and select "View". These ID's are found in Churchteams* and are referred to as a "MemberID." Enter the missing IDs into this field by clicking the pencil, then saving with the check mark or pressing the return key. Note: If you manage more than one listing for your organization (alternate campus or missions page), you will need to repeat this step for each listing.
|Tip: If you search for a specific member the MemberID will be shown in the URL at the top of the browser (i.e., in a URL ending in ViewMemberProfile.asp?MemberID=1525074, 1525074 is that person's Churchteams MemberID ). You can also get a complete listing from Reports > Members > Export to Excel/CSV after exporting the file. You'll want to be sure to include the MemberID in that export in order to view the MemberID for your givers.|
Exporting from Pushpay
Option A) Export from Transactions
- Navigate to the Transactions section in Pushpay
- Choose which transactions you would like to export by filtering by name, email, date range, and/or payment method and then click View.
- Choose Export and then Export to Churchteams, which will download the export file onto your computer (usually your Downloads folder).
Option B) Export from Batch Reconciliation
- Navigate to the Batch Reconciliation tab
- Locate the batch(es) you would like to export. For individual batches, press the Export button next to the batch. For a range of batches, enter in the date range and select the type of transactions (Card and Bank), then press Export at the top.
- Select Churchteams, which will download the export file onto your computer (usually your Downloads folder).
Importing into Churchteams
1. Login to Churchteams with the financial administrator account
2. Click the Contributions menu and select the Import transaction file option.
|Please Note: If you are using Online Giving within Churchteams, you may need to click on Online Giving first, then Import transaction file.|
3. Click the Browse/Choose File button to select the CSV transaction file that you just downloaded from Pushpay and click Upload.
4. Set the Batch Details, ensuring Check to skip the first record is selected. No other configurations are required, but it is recommended you choose a Default Contribution Method and Default Contribution Designation.
5. Match the dropdown list option for each column to the actual data in the column of the preview data. Keep in mind that many of the columns in the Pushpay export file will not be applicable for this import, so you may choose to not match those.
Recommended Field Mapping Details
|Pushpay Field||Churchteams Field||Notes|
|Id||Check/Reference Number or Contribution Notes||Mapping this field is optional. Id refers to the Pushpay transaction Id.|
|Recipient||Do not load this column||This column can be used as an internal reference when preparing or reviewing your import.|
|Date||Contribution Date||Click the Set Date Format link and choose mm/dd/yyy|
|Payer Name||Do not load this column||This column can be used as an internal reference when preparing or reviewing your files.|
|Email Address||Do not load this column||This column can be used as an internal reference when preparing or reviewing your import.|
|Mobile Number||Do not load this column||This column can be used as an internal reference when preparing or reviewing your import.|
|Method||Contribution Method||Click the Set Translation Values link to translate the incoming values into Churchteams equivalent values.|
|Fund||Contribution Designation||Click the Set Translation Values link to translate the incoming values into Churchteams equivalent values.|
|Your ID||ChurchteamsMemberID||This will be used to match the contribution to the correct person in Churchteams. Refer to Matching Pushpay Givers to Churchteams above for more details.|
|Batch ID||Do not load this column||Refers to the settlement batch in Pushpay for cards and ACH. Will only contain a value after the transaction has settled. This column can be used as an internal reference when preparing or reviewing your import.|
6. Verify all of the columns are correct and click the blue Load button.
7. Totals for the file will display, including an option to view a summary report of the batch that was created.
8. When additional files are loaded the layout/columns you selected are saved. This should not change unless there are new Designations/Funds or Contribution Methods that need to be mapped.