If you use Realm as your database, let us know by telling your Customer Success representative or by clicking the “Ask a Question” button in Pushpay Admin. We will need to activate the export on your account. You will also need to enter the correct Fund Code to properly map your export files to your ChMS. You can learn more about Funds here. Once that is done, you will be able to follow the steps below.
Exporting from Pushpay
- Navigate to the Transactions section in Pushpay
- Choose which transactions you would like to export by filtering by name, email, date range, listing, and/or payment method.
- Choose "Export" and then "Export to Realm"
- A screen may display asking you to enter in ID's for any givers that you haven't identified yet. These ID's are found in Realm and are usually referred to as an "Giving Number"
- Enter in any missing Giving Numbers from Realm into Pushpay in the 'Your ID' text box on the export screen (once you enter the all of the ID's, click 'Update and next' to save).* This ID will be stored against that person's Pushpay account for future gifts.
- Once you have finished resolving any givers that don't have ID's, you will be returned to the Transactions page. Simply choose "Export" and then "Export to Realm" and download the export file onto your computer (usually your "Downloads" folder).
*You can also assign these IDs beforehand within the Community section under Pushpay accounts.
Importing into Realm
The following steps happen in Realm, and have been gathered from this support page:
- First, you must set up the Profiles and Contribution Funds you want to import gifts for.
- Sign in using a staff or admin login.
- Click Giving > Contributions.
- Click Import from .csv.
- Enter the batch information to include with the import. For example, you can include a description with your import, like Sunday Service Import.
- Click Choose File, locate your .csv file, and click Open.
- Click Import. A confirmation message displays showing how the first record will import. Click Yes, Continue.
After importing the file, a message displays notifying you if the import was successful. If there were errors, another .csv file is created that contains a list of errors. You will also receive an email stating the batch was imported successfully.