If you use The City as your database, submit a request with our support team to activate the export on your account. You will also need to enter the correct Fund Code to properly map your export files to your ChMS. You can learn more about Funds here. Once that is done, you will be able to follow the steps below.
Exporting from Pushpay
- Navigate to Transactions.
- Choose which transactions you would like to export by filtering by name, email, date range, listing, and/or payment method.
- Click Export and then Export to The City.
- You may be prompted to enter a Your ID. These ID's are found in the “Donor” section of The City and are usually referred to as a “User ID." Once you enter an ID, use return key or click Update and next to save each entry.* This ID will be stored against that person's Pushpay account for future gifts. After completing this, you will be returned to the Transactions page.
- Click Export and then Export to The City and download the export file onto your computer (usually your "Downloads" folder).
*You can also assign these IDs beforehand within the Community section under Pushpay accounts.
Importing into The City
The following steps happen in The City, and have been gathered from their support site:
- In the admin panel, expand the Financial menu
- Select Import.
- Click + Create new import.
- Enter a Job name.
- Under Type of import, select Donations.
- Click Browse to choose the right File to import from your computer.
- Finally, click the Upload & Add to Queue button.
- Once the upload is complete, refresh the page. When the upload appears in the job table, click the green Continue button to go to the next step. The Bulk Test page tells you if everything in your file is correct.
- If everything looks good, click Finish. This imports your new funds to The City, which you can view and edit in the Financial menu.