If you use Shepherd's Staff as your database, let us know by telling your Customer Success representative or by clicking the “Ask a Question” button in Pushpay Admin. We will need to activate the export on your account. You will also need to enter the correct Fund Code to properly map your export files to your ChMS. You can learn more about Funds here. Once that is done, you will be able to follow the steps below.
Exporting from Pushpay
- Navigate to the Transactions section in Pushpay
- Choose which transactions you would like to export by filtering by name, email, date range, listing, and/or payment method.
- Choose "Export" and then "Export to Shepherd's Staff"
- A screen may display asking you to enter in ID's for any givers that you haven't identified yet. These ID's are found in Shepherd's Staff and are usually referred to as an "Envelope Number"
- Enter in any missing Envelope ID's from Shepherd's Staff into Pushpay in the 'Your ID' text box on the export screen (once you enter the all of the ID's, click 'Update and next' to save).* This ID will be stored against that person's Pushpay account for future gifts.
- Once you have finished resolving any givers that don't have ID's, you will be returned to the Transactions page. Simply choose "Export" and then "Export to Shepherd's Staff" and download the export file onto your computer (usually your "Downloads" folder).
*You can also assign these IDs beforehand within the Community section under Pushpay accounts.
Importing into Shepherd's Staff
- Go to the Contributions module.
- Click on Batches in the file menu and select Electronic Offering Import (E.O.I.) to open the Electronic Offering Import window. The Offering Batches grid is also opened up and placed behind the import utility.
- Use the Select a File button to pick the file containing offerings
- A window will open allowing you to navigate your computer and find the file that is to be imported. This window only displays files with a ".CSV" (comma separated values) or ".TXT" (text).
- After selecting the file, it's location will be listed in the box to the left of the "Select a File" button.
- Now click the Verify button to verify the information in the file. Also notice the Member Number is the same as the Envelope number checkbox. Check this box if the Member Numbers assigned through import file always match the Envelope numbers assigned in Shepherd's Staff.
When Verify is clicked, the following tests are performed:
- If any of the tests fails, you will receive a window containing the number and type of problems found. You can copy the errors using the clipboard button in the lower right, and then paste those into a word processor or other program for reference.
- The Batch Date is assigned at this time, and appears just below the "Verify" button. It is the first date encountered in the import file. If this is not the date you want to be attached to the offerings, then just edit the Offering Batch after the import completes - and before posting the batch - and change the date to the one you want.
- Click Create an Offering Batch to make a batch for the shown date that contains an offering for each scanned offering (i.e. each row) in the file.
- When finished, a message appears telling you the batch number and the number of offerings imported.