This article covers how to install the EPS Device Control that is required to use your scanner to deposit checks on a Mac (looking for Mac? Click here). The installation can be completed 2 business days after you have registered your scanner. If you do not see Check Deposit option in your menu and you are interested in the feature, please reach out to our Customer Success team.
Before you begin, make sure that you have administrative rights on the computer you will be installing the scanner on. You should save your work and close any other programs or browsers that are running before you begin.
Part 1: Installing Device Control
1. Open Google Chrome and log into Pushpay at pushpay.com/login if you haven't done so already.
2. On the left-side bar click Gift Entry > Check Deposit then click Open check scanning portal.
3. You should receive a popup message. Read through the preliminary steps and click Continue. A new browser window will open with your ProfitStars portal.
4. From the check scanning portal select Transactions from the left main menu.
5. Under Check Processing, choose Remote Deposit Complete.
6. The Open Deposits page appears. Select Create New Deposit, as shown below.
7. The Device Control prompt appears, informing you that Device Control is attempting to
launch. Select Run to continue.
For Google Chrome users, click on the ProfitStarsDeviceCon....exe (as shown below).
8. The system will prompt you to begin installing Device Control. Click Install to continue.
This may take several minutes.
9. A prompt appears to ensure that a user with Administrator rights to the computer will
proceed with the installation. Click OK to continue.
10. A prompt may appear for the application to make additional changes. Select Yes to
Part 2: Installing Your Scanner
Once the Device Control has been installed, you will be prompted to install the scanner you will use. If at any time these windows do not appear on your screen, try minimizing your other windows as these prompts can sometimes appear behind your active internet session.
1. Choose the scanner and model you wish to install, and then select Install.
2. The Add/Remove Devices window appears. Choose the scanner you wish to add, and
then click Install.
3. The Install Wizard appears. Disconnect the scanner’s USB or power cable from your
computer, and exit all other applications. Click Next in the Install Wizard to continue.
4. The Install Wizard displays the Installer Information prompt. Choose Next to continue.
5. The Install Wizard displays the Install Ready prompt. Select Next to continue.
6. The Install Wizard displays the Install Done prompt. Click Next to continue.
7. After the Install Wizard has completed, connect the scanner to your computer, and then
click Finish. The scanner is now installed.
When your scanner serial number shows your scanner was successfully installed and is ready to use.