If you use PowerChurch as your database, let us know by telling your Customer Success representative or by clicking the “Ask a Question” button in Pushpay Admin. We will need to activate the export on your account. You will also need to enter the correct Fund Code to properly map your export files to your ChMS. You can learn more about Funds here. Once that is done, you will be able to follow the steps below.
Exporting from Pushpay
Option A) Export from Transactions
- Navigate to the Transactions section in Pushpay
- Choose which transactions you would like to export by filtering by name, email, date range, listing, and/or payment method.
- Choose "Export" and then "Export to Powerchurch"
- A screen may display asking you to enter in ID's for any givers that you haven't identified yet. These ID's are found in Powerchurch and are usually referred to as an "Envelope Number"
- Enter in any missing Envelope Numbers from Powerchurch into Pushpay in the 'Your ID' text box on the export screen (once you enter the all of the ID's, click 'Update and next' to save).* This ID will be stored against that person's Pushpay account for future gifts.
- Once you have finished resolving any givers that don't have ID's, you will be returned to the Transactions page. Simply choose "Export" and then "Export to Powerchurch" and download the export file onto your computer (usually your "Downloads" folder).
*You can also assign these IDs beforehand within the Community section under Pushpay accounts.
Option B) Export from Batch Reconciliation
- Navigate to the Community section(s)
- For both Registered and Guest Pushpayers, for all listings, select the "People lacking an ID" button and select "View." These ID's are found in Powerchurch and are usually referred to as an "Envelope Number." Enter the missing IDs into this field by clicking the pencil, then saving with the check mark or pressing the return key.
Note: If you manage more than one listing for your organization (alternate campus or missions page), you will need to repeat this step for each listing.
- Navigate to the Batch Reconciliation tab
- Locate the batch(es) you would like to export. For individual batches, press the "Export" button next to the batch. For a range of batches, enter in the date range and select the type of transactions (Card and Bank), then press "Export" at the top. Then select "Powerchurch," which will download the export file onto your computer (usually your “Downloads” folder).
Importing into PowerChurch
- Under Contributions, select Import Contributions
- Click Next
- Select the file you want to import, Assign a Contribution Type, and click Next
- Review the Contribution summary, and click Finish.
- Click “Print Report” to view the Imported Contribution details.